The Summer School Holidays are almost here and after a big snow season, it looks like the snow drifts will be hanging on well into summer.? This is great news for families looking for some healthy outdoor action.? There is nothing like the lure of summer snow to get kids off their devices and up the Kosciuszko express chairlift for some one on one with nature.? So if you are looking for? school holiday action for the kids this year Think Thredbo.
Whether you have toddlers or rampaging teenagers Thredbo has the action covered.?During the Christmas School Holidays Thredbo runs the "School Holidays Adventure Festival " targeting all ages of children with a? program of activities designed to get?them busy. ?The best part about this program is? many of the activities are free. ?Whether it is?mountain bike??riding work shops?on trails or on the pump track, dance workshops in the village square, Thredbo's? giant slide, ?face painting or live entertainment for the kids, dance parties in the early evening, drumming workshops, circus skills workshops, family yoga sessions, outdoor movies, even tree planting or the ever popular night adventures these activities keep the?crew outdoors and moving so at the end of the day?they really are? ready for bed.
The? Summer Adventure Festival runs from December 21 to January?11 with free activities on every day.?For a full run down on the festival activities go here:
The night adventure?isn't free for the kids but it is a fantastic?option for parents who want ?to get the kids into some outdoor activity that will not only entertain but also inspire them with a real taste of the Australian bush. ?With organised games on Thredbo's Village Green, ?an evening sausage sizzle and then a night-time hunt through the Snow gum forest for wombats, possums and? more.? Runs?January?3,4 and?8
And while the Kids?are on their night adventure Mum and Dad can have their own night adventure in one of Thredbo's beautiful restaurants.
Of course Thredbo has tons of family fun outdoor action happening every day and with the Kids Play Free passes ?it is excellent value. For the same ?price as 2 adult passes you can buy a Family All Mountain pass that gives the whole family access to Thredbo attractions and activities. ?Whether you want to ride the 1 km long Thredbo Bobsled run, ?go to the Thredbo Leisure centre for some waterslide action or running the gauntlet of the "Mission Inflatable", or ride the Kosciuszko Express Chairlift to the start of the Kosciuszko Track and the Merrit's Nature Trail or even have a family round of golf or tennis this pass gives you the flexibility to do it all.
A typical day on the All mountain pass might be: ?
- Out of bed early for a few Bobsled rides just to get the?adrenaline going
- Ride up the Kosciusko Express chairlift to Eagles Nest? for a family breakfast with the most spectacular view of the Thredbo Valley.
- Head out on to the Rams Head Range to find a snowdrift that needs some attention. Just make sure if you a sliding on the snow that your landing area is grass and not granite!
- Hit the Merrit's Nature trail for a downhill 3km walk that will have the Kids boulder hopping, waterfall watching, Alpine Ash Forest wandering and mystical mountain stream stone stepping. ?For the super adventurous kids there could even be some breathtaking swimming hole action with free giant spa jets provided by mother nature. Find a Thredbo Riverside picnic spot for a lazy lunch and with some stone skipping, trout spotting and barefoot river wading.
- After lunch head for a family hit and giggle on the tennis court or the golf course before nailing a few more bobsled runs.
- Head to the Thredbo leisure centre late afternoon for some pool fun with water-slide action and a family challenge to see who can get the furthest out on the Mission Inflatable Obstacle course (speaking from experience, dad always thinks he can win this one and the kids love watching him fall of headfirst into the pool not even half way out).
- Dinner in one of Thredbo's many restaurants, ?perhaps the Candlelight Lodge where the resident possum does a dinner show for the diners.
That is just an example of a day in Thredbo on the All Mountain pass. ?If you have Tweenagers or older,? ?you can upgrade your pass to include the Mountain Bike access to the chairlift. ?That opens an whole other world of excitement that will keep any "angsty" adolescent entertained and happy to be with you.? Other Kids free activities you can purchase include the guided walks to Mt Kosciuszko and Deadhorse Gap which are both educational and fun so if you buy 2 adult passes you can take the whole family.
The Family All Mountain pass includes 2 Adults and up to 3 children where children are 17 years and under so it really does cover the whole family. ?If you have extra kids you can add single children to the family pass for half the adult price.
Right through the Christmas School holidays we have accommodation available.? If you book an early stay departing before the 25th of December we still have our 3rd night free accommodation specials running with accommodation for a family of 4 for 3 nights from only $444 in total.? Book online now are call 02 6457 6600.