Gear Up for Backcountry Skiing and Snowboarding: Essential Equipment for Your Trip

Backcountry skiing and snowboarding is an exciting way to explore Australia’s Snowy Mountains in winter but it’s important to be prepared with the right gear. Basic Gear for Backcountry Here are the things you need for skiing and snowboarding when outside of the resort’s boundary. Skiing and Snowboarding Essentials: Adapting to Swiftly Changing Conditions in […]

New Thredbo MTB Trails

With the kick off of the Thredbo Mountain bike season on the 19th November we have been introduced to some new Thredbo MTB trails for the 2022/23 season. There are 3 new trails on offer from Thredbo located on or around Thredbo’s Cruiser Chair. For the first time Thredbo will be operating 3 chairlifts and […]

Lantern Thredbo a New Era

June 1st 2022 was a big day at the Lantern Thredbo Apartments for 3 reasons. Ian and Jill Foster, arrived in Thredbo in 1989 as globe trotting ski bums with with a unique skill set. Having years of hospitality and property maintenance experience they were ideal candidates for a job they saw advertised. It was […]

Backcountry Skiing Beginner’s Guide

Backcountry Skiing Beginner’s Guide Backcountry skiing is an inspiring activity. In Australia, it is unique, with a landscape and scenery unlike anywhere else in the world. The Ski Resort areas in Australia are limited to around 1% of the snow covered terrain. So when you start backcountry skiing you begin to explore the other 99%. […]

Snowshoeing Checklist: Essential Items to Bring on Your Trip

Snowshoeing Checklist: Essential Items to Bring on Your Trip Do you plan on snowshoeing in the winter months? If that’s the case, make sure you have the right clothing and equipment. This post will equip you with a snowshoeing checklist of items to pack on your next trip! Snowshoeing Pre-trip Prep Before going on a […]

The Cascade Hut Trail A Must Do Cycling Adventure In Thredbo

Cycling the Cascade Hut Trail is something that you shouldn’t miss when visiting Kosciuszko National Park if you’re a keen rider. You can cycle to the hut and back to the carpark within half a day, or choose the more leisurely option with some side trips for taking photos and making a day of it! […]

Golf Course Loop

A picturesque shared use trail that loops anti-clockwise around Thredbo Golf Course. Starts from the top of Crackenback Ridge and is accessed via the Golf Course Connector trail leading from the Village Loop. The Golf Course Loop is suitable for intermediate to advanced riders as it features short, technical climbs and rock gardens.

Thredbo MTB Beginner Trails

The Thredbo MTB network has several trails that are suitable for beginner mountain bike riders. These are the Friday Flat Loop, the Village Loop and the Pipeline Path. These vary in length but are perfect if you want an easy ride or a warm up before connecting to one of the more challenging trails.

Thredbo Valley Track

A shared use trail for walkers and mountain bikers. It features a good mix of terrain and is suitable for MTB beginners and families with older children. Starts from Friday Flat in Thredbo and meanders all the way through to the Bullocks Hut at the Ski Tube Bridge near Lake Crackenback. There are options to […]

Bridle Trail Loop

A short and sharp technical MTB track suitable for intermediate riders featuring fast flowy sections, uphill climbs and cross country traverses through open fields. The singletrack loop is accessed from the Thredbo Valley Track (TVT) and offers riders the chance to test their MTB skills.