Lantern Thredbo COVID19 Update
Posted on Wednesday, 18th of March 2020
Latest Update 1 July 2020
The Lantern Thredbo is committed to the health and safety of our guests, our team and our community. The Lantern Thredbo office hours are daily 8am – 8pm.
Please note: Due to current lockdowns in Victoria we are not accepting bookings from Melbourne or any guests who have been to Melbourne within 14 days or their intended arrival date.
Thredbo is now open for skiing and snowboarding (subject to snow cover) . Lift pass numbers are limited and in many periods from now until August passes are sold out. This may change with the arrival of more snow or the relaxation of current restrictions.
Please note the following services are also available:
- Village Shuttle Bus network will run a normal timetable with 50% capacity on buses with allowances for family groups. More details to follow.
- Restaurants are open with some limitations. The Village dining guide will be updated each week so you can plan just prior to your stay
- Lockers are available this season subject to availability first come, first served basis at Friday Flat and VT – Guest services are the port of call for booking and arranging this has to be done prior to arrival
- Leisure Centre Is now open as of this week 15/6/20 – guests have a 1 hour slot have to pre book it’s a 50 minute session with a 10 minute changeover for swimming and gym / squash for swimming they must be dressed for the pool as no changing rooms available but toilets are available and BYO towels no mission inflatable allowed currently
- Scenic Rides available on the gondola if you type gondola on the Thredbo website guests can book only a certain amount per day available must be booked prior to arrival https://www.thredbo.com.au/activities/gondola/
- Back Country tickets available if you type backcountry on the Thredbo website guests can book must be booked prior to arrival https://www.thredbo.com.au/activities/backcountry-adventures/ must have a trip intention form which is found on this link https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/safety/bushwalking-safety/think-before-you-trek/trip-intention-form
Some other aspects of resort operations will also be limited. There will be no group snow sport lessons or children’s programs and no day care facilities for winter 2020. To find our more head to Thredbo’s COVID19 Page for the latest.
We will continue to take bookings for Snow Season 2020 and we recommend booking your lift passes with Thredbo prior to arrival. Please note that while lift passes may be sold out for some periods later in the season, it is quite likely that more passes will be available as snow cover improves or government restrictions are lifted. To provide reassurance for guests we have introduced some special terms and conditions for COVID19 affected bookings which will allow flexibility for existing bookings and provide comfort if you are considering booking for the season.
Some Village facilities and restaurants are closed or are limited in their service. Check the current Village Dining guide. Please note this will change each week. Shops like the Supermarket, Bakery, Pharmacy and Newsagent remain open but have social distancing and hygeine restrictions in place and possibly modified hours of operation.
At the Lantern Thredbo we are following the recommendations from NSW Health and Safe Work Australia taking measures to allow for social distancing requirements and adequate resources for personal hygiene so our apartments are a safe destination for our guests.
In regard to our current operation we are undertaking the following measures to maintain a healthy environment for all.
- We use a natural based hospital grade disinfectant and will continue to disinfect all surfaces when cleaning our apartments.
- Aerosol disinfectants are also used throughout properties during cleaning.
- Our diligent cleaning team have received additional training to ensure they are taking appropriate steps with their own personal hygiene including frequent hand washing and of course self-isolation in the event of the onset on any symptoms.
- We have increased our cleaning schedules in all public areas with a particular focus on hand railings, bathrooms and doors.
- Our reception procedures will be modified to provide safe distancing for both check in and departure.
We will continue to monitor Government advice on procedures and restrictions during this outbreak. We understand that conditions and government restrictions are changing quickly and we will continue to respond to these changes as they arise. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com
If you have questions in relation to Thredbo Resort products and services check here:
Recommended Blog Posts?
The Taste of the Snowies. Full contact Food and Wine.
The Taste of the Snowies Festival is back and it is bringing a new spin to Food and Wine Festivals, literally.Here in Thredbo we like our events to have an element of risk. So instead of just bringing together a smorgasboard of the Snowy Region's best providores of fine...Read More
Lantern Thredbo Covid19 Cancellation Policy
This policy is in addition to the standard booking terms and conditions provided by Lantern Thredbo Apartments. In the event of any inconsistencies between these this policy shall take precedence. COVID19 Conditions Due to the unprecedented nature of the COVID 19 pandemic The Lantern Thredbo will provide a cancellation, change of...Read More