Latest Update 25 September 2020
The Lantern Thredbo is committed to the health and safety of our guests, our team and our community. The Lantern Thredbo office hours are daily 8am - 8pm.
Please note: Due to current lockdowns in Victoria we are not accepting bookings from Guests living within there restricated ares in Victoria or any guests who have been in those areas for 14 days prior to their intended arrival date.
Thredbo has closed for Skiing and Snowboarding for the 2020 snow season. The Resort is still open and The Kosciuszko Express chairlift is open until October 11 for sight seeing and backcountry skiing. From October 12th Chairlift access will be via Snow Gums chair while the Kosciuszko Express undergoes annual maintenance. Check on the Thredbo Website for more details
Please note the following services are also available:
- The Mountain Bike Season starts on November 21st. Some Sections of the Thredbo Valley Track will not open until Mid December. More details to follow. It is envisaged that there will be no capapcity constraints under COVID safe guidelines for Mountain Biiking.
Check Thredbo's COVID19 Page for updates.
- A limited number of Restaurants are open with some COVID limitations. The Village dining guide will be updated each week so you can plan just prior to your stay
- Leisure Centre Is now open – guests have a 1 hour slot have to pre book it’s a 50 minute session with a 10 minute changeover for swimming and gym / squash for swimming they must be dressed for the pool as no changing rooms available but toilets are available and BYO towels no mission inflatable allowed currently
- Walking Trails will be available as snow recedes over the coming weeks. The official start to the hiking season is November 21st. It is envisaged that there will be no capapcity constraints Under COVID safe guidelines for Hiking. Check Thredbo's COVID19 Page for updates.
- Back Country tickets available if you type backcountry on the Thredbo website guests can book must be booked prior to arrival https://www.thredbo.com.au/activities/backcountry-adventures/ must have a trip intention form which is found on this link https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/safety/bushwalking-safety/think-before-you-trek/trip-intention-form
Some other aspects of resort operations will also be limited. There will be no specail event gatherings like Mountain Bike Events or the Thredbo Blues Festival 2021 due to COVID restrictions. To find our more head to Thredbo's COVID19 Page for the latest.
We are taking bookings for Snow Season 2021 It is important to understand that there are likely to be COVID Safe operating constraints again for next winter. We have created some special terms and conditions for COVID19 affected bookings which will allow flexibility for existing bookings and provide comfort if you are considering booking for the season.
Some Village facilities are closed or are limited in their service. Check the current Village Dining guide. Please note this will change each week. Shops like the Supermarket, Bakery, Pharmacy and Newsagent remain open but have social distancing and hygeine restrictions in place and possibly modified hours of operation.
At the Lantern Thredbo we are following the recommendations from NSW Health and Safe Work Australia taking measures to allow for social distancing requirements and adequate resources for personal hygiene so our apartments are a safe destination for our guests.
In regard to our current operation we are undertaking the following measures to maintain a healthy environment for all.
- We use a natural based hospital grade disinfectant and will continue to disinfect all surfaces when cleaning our apartments.
- Aerosol disinfectants are also used throughout properties during cleaning.
- Our diligent cleaning team have received additional training to ensure they are taking appropriate steps with their own personal hygiene including frequent hand washing and of course self-isolation in the event of the onset on any symptoms.
- We have increased our cleaning schedules in all public areas with a particular focus on hand railings, bathrooms and doors.
- Our reception procedures will be modified to provide safe distancing for both check in and departure.
We will continue to monitor Government advice on procedures and restrictions during this outbreak. We understand that conditions and government restrictions are changing quickly and we will continue to respond to these changes as they arise. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions in relation to Thredbo Resort products and services check here: