The? Taste of the Snowies Festival is back and it is bringing a new spin to Food and Wine Festivals, literally. Here in Thredbo we like our events to have an element of risk. ?So instead of just bringing together a smorgasboard of? the Snowy Region's best providores of fine food, wine, schnapps, beer and more? Thredbo's?Event Think Tank have come up with a version of "gastronomic gladiators","dairy daredevils"?and?"full contact fromage", yes it is the " Cheese Rolling Challenge" [caption id="attachment_12995" align="aligncenter" width="540"] Cheese Chasers going down[/caption] If you are wondering how a cheese rolling challenge could possibly be risky??then the entry requirements of? a liability waiver, no exposed skin and helmet should really?get you wondering. ?Picture this:
steaks? stakes are high!? There are also prizes for fancy dress and runners up (or is that runners down?)? If you don't plan on putting your body on the line?for this one then you should at least line the course so you can see the cheese roll and the loonies run!
[caption id="attachment_12998" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Bringing home the cheese[/caption]
There will be time to recover from the Cheese Rolling with demonstrations and talks on the finer points for cusine and cooking from some of the areas best.? Join in free on the Bistro Deck from 12 noon.
There are 2 Choices for you Sunday evening.
- -A steep grassy hill that in winter serves as ?ski run.
- -A?seemingly harmless? wheel of King Island cheese.
- -A bunch of lunatics in overalls and helmets standing at the top of said hill looking slightly agitated.
- -The whistle blows and the cheese is launched, being a wheel, it rolls downhill, quickly.
- -The?"overalled"?cheese chasers (see lunatics) propel themselves down the hill in pursuit of ?glory, prizes and cheese.
- -One person wins and the rest lose, some badly.
- ?Taste of Thredbo Village Wide Progressive Dinner.