As you may have heard Thredbo has been closed due to the threat of bushfires in the surrounding Koscisuzko National Park.? It has been a challenging?few days here as we waited for the extreme weather to move through on Saturday. Thanks to our crew Cheryl, Merlin, Nat, Marcus, Troy, Sarah and Narissa for a big hand in getting our properties ready.? Thanks also to Emma, Peter and Kellie for their help and support.? ?A special thanks goes to the Thredbo Fire crew who stayed behind to defend the village.? ?Fortunately? the rain is falling and conditions have cooled considerably.? Thredbo residents and staff have been allowed back into the village but at this stage the resort remains closed to visitors. [caption id="attachment_12958" align="aligncenter" width="1024"]Merlin,Nat and Marcus helping with property Protection Merlin,Nat and Marcus helping with property Protection[/caption] January is our busiest month of the summer season and with our ever popular Thredbo Blues Festival just over 10 days away we are sitting with our fingers crossed hoping that enough rain falls to extinguish the fires.? We are still hopeful, that in this case, the National Parks Service and the Rural Fire Service would deem conditions safe and allow the resort to re-open.? However this is all in the lap of the weather gods.? If you have a booking for Blues, please be patient for a couple of days to see how things settle. We are mindful that we are in no way the worst affected by the conditions that have befallen NSW and Victoria in this "Crappy New Year" .? Our thoughts are with all of those communities around Australia who have been affected by fires over the past 4 months.? If you have a booking with us for Blues or later in January we will be in touch with updates as soon as we know more.? Thanks for your patience.