After a serious session digging out the upper trails from the huge build up of winter snow the Thredbo MTB crew is ready to light the wick for year 5 of the now legendary Thredbo Cannonball Festival. With 5 years of momentum behind it, the buzz is over $70,000 in prize money and a huge weekend of gravity MTB action. Whether you are a bike rider or not, there is plenty to see in Thredbo on the Cannonball weekend.Thredbo is undeniably Australia’s home of Gravity MTB, and three days of racing over the Cannonball Festival showcase the amazing riding on offer for Mountain Bikers in the Snowy Mountains. There are 5 events with including:
- The RockShox Pump Track Challenge on Thredbo's new look, bigger, better, pump track.
- The no holds barred Maxxis All Mountain Assualt on Thredbo's newest Trail the All Mountain Trail which covers ...the whole mountain!
- The SRAM Whip Wars BIG AIR on the bigger than "Mr Hur" Jumps Park
- The Canyon Flow Motion cup on the improved Kosciuszko Flow Trail.
- The rough and tumble wearylusty Australian Open Downhill on Thredbo's Cannonball Run.