Thredbo’s Party Renaissance
Posted on Tuesday, 12th of July 2016
Apres Ski is a concept that has been burdened over the years with fashion labels, expensive cocktails and a certain “je ne sais quois” (French for “get your hand off it”). Fortunately Thredbo has started digging away at this time tested snow sport tradition to get to truth…which is this….
Apres Ski is about having your “best day ever” skiing or snowboarding and heading to the nearest bar for a celebratory beer. One beer turns into 2 and before you know it is 2 am and you are still in your ski gear having the party of the century (at least that is the way it feels at 2am.) You then walk outside to head home only to find the snow has started falling again. The realisation hits that you are going to have to be out of bed at 8am to get on the first chairlift so you can have “your new best ever day” and yet again, another celebratory beer. Apres Ski 101.
Thredbo is heading back to the roots with Apres Ski. Starting 3 years ago with the “Pool Party” every afternoon catching riders as they cross the bridge and launching into some Apres Snow Action. Every season it seems the live entertainment program gets bigger and better. This year it is on again and with the School Holidays winding up the party program is ramping up.
Check out the Entertainment line up so far including the The Skyy Vodka Full Moon Parties…Yes Once a month (and twice in a Blue Moon) and the Corona Thredbo Village Concert Series.
- July 20th FULL MOON PARTY with DJ’s DECKHEAD, LUEN and SLIPPERY TROUT DJ’s
- July 22nd KELLER BAR with JAKUBI presented by FIREBALL.
- July 23rd OAKLEY PRIZM POOL PARTY with CLIENT LIASON
- August 11th FULL MOON PARTY with CLOUDMOUNTAINTOPS. RYHME, SLIPPERY TROUT DJ’s
- August 13th VILLAGE CONCERT SERIES with JUNGLE GIANTS, LIMECORDIAL, PAPER HEARTS
- September 9th VILLAGE CONCERT SERIES with GYPSY AND THE CAT, SWEET MIX KIDS
- September 10th VILLAGE CONCERT SERIES with SAFIA, CASTLECOMER, SWEET MIX KIDS
- September 17th FULL MOON PARTY with DANNY SULTAN, DJ BUTCHER and SLIPPERY TROUT DJ’s
AND that is just the Big Gigs. Every night in This winter in Thredbo there is a party on somewhere. Check out these regular gigs:
- Live Music in the Lounge Bar and the Apres Bar most nights
- Monday and Tuesday is Local DJ P-Ranch in at the POOLSIDE.
- Tuesday is Games Night in the Schuss Bar
- Wednesday Join the Locals in the party at the Schuss Bar
- Thursday: Get yer Vans, Deck and some ear plugs for Skate Night in the Keller.
- Wednesday to Saturday Guest DJ’s at the POOLSIDE
- Friday LIve Music at The BURGER BAR at Knickbocker
- Sundays Live Music at the POOLSIDE
So Bring your dancing shoes to Thredbo for Winter 2016 and if you need more info check out Thredbo’s Apres Guide here:
Recommended Blog Posts?
Thredbo July Midweek Sneak
The 2016 Snow season is off to a great start with some solid snowfalls in late June setting the mountain up nicely. With more snow forecast for the coming week it looks as though the rest of July will be set up nicely for Skiing and Snowboarding in Thredbo. You can...Read More
Thredbo is Ready to Test Drive the Tour de France in Australia
Register for the race or cycle the course before 3 December 2016!L'Étape Australia, The Snowy Mountains and Destination New South Wales are combining forces to bring a unique opportunity for Australian road cyclists. L'Étape is a Tour de France coordinated event providing world class race conditions. Amateur riders...Read More