CONQUER KOZZIE ON AUSSIE DAY
Posted on Thursday, 26th of November 2015
If you’re looking for the most Aussie event you could possibly partake in on Australia Day, look no further than climbing Australia’s highest mountain. Kick off the Australia Day Weekend in Thredbo Village with classic Australia cover bands providing entertainment all weekend and your chance to tick Kozzie off your bucket list.
I Conquered Kozzie on Aussie Day Events
Thredbo are planning a weekend of iconic Australian celebrations headlined by the annual ‘I conquered Kozzie on Aussie Day’ walk to the top of Australia, the summit of Mt Kosciuszko and Australia’s highest Australia Day BBQ. The weekend will include the following activities:
- ‘I climbed Kozzie on Aussie Day’ Mt Kosciuszko walk
A truly iconic experience on Australia Day. Walk to the top of Australia’s highest peak, Mt Kosciuszko and enjoy the celebrations.
- Australia’s highest ever Australia Day BBQ on Mt Kosciuszko
Experience the country’s highest ever Australia Day BBQ. This gold coin donation event sees all contributions from the event going directly to Children’s Hospital Foundations Australia.
- Classic Australia poetry reading at the summit of Mt Kosciuszko
Enjoy some classic Australian poetry reading at the summit of Mt Kosciuszko.
- Annual cricket match on the Thredbo Village Green
Celebrate Australia’s love of sport with a traditional cricket match, in the heart of Thredbo.
- Pool parties at the Thredbo Alpine Hotel and live Aussie Cover bands in Thredbo Village – Saturday and Sunday afternoon Belt out some classic Aussie hits and get your dancing shoes ready with live entertainment all weekend.
Australia Day is one to reflect on all things great about Australia, and Thredbo will mark this special day with a mix of activities including a walk to the top of Mt Kosciuszko so you can tell all your mates “I climbed Kozzie, on Aussie Day”.
When: 26th January
Where: Thredbo Walking Trails
Adult: $44.00 (18 years & over )
Child: $30.00 (17 years & under )
Family: $88.00 (2 Adults & up to 3 Children aged 14 years & under)
Walk Add on: $14.00 per adult or child
- Guided walk to Mt Kosciuszko
- 1 Day Scenic Chairlift Access
- Mt Kosciuszko Certificate
- Kids Play Free available. When two adults purchase a Aussie on Kozzie walk, up to three children get their pass FREE.
Recommended Blog Posts?
CHRISTMAS DAY LUNCH
25 DECEMBER, 2015When: 25th December 2015Where: Kosciuszko Room & Cascades Restaurant, Thredbo Alpine HotelTime: 11.30 amFestive Feast Buffet | Kosciuszko Room11.30am – 12pm | 1 seatingCost: $129.00 Christmas Buffet Per AdultChildren under 4 are freeChildren 5 to 11 $22Children 12 to 15 $34Take a look at the Kozzie Room Xmas day...Read More
CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR’S FAMILY ADVENTURE FESTIVAL
FROM 24 DEC TO 10 JAN, 2015Thredbo Family Adventure FestivalWhen: 27th December to 10th JanuaryThredbo is hosting the Summer Family Adventure Festival these Christmas holidays, with a brand new line-up of activities, adventures and entertainment for the whole family. Whether it's climbing peaks, mountain biking, a mix of music...Read More