Thredbo's Cannonball Festival is on again in 3 weeks time and it will go off like a bomb! With 3 years of momentum behind it, riders are talking about the biggest prize money for MTB in Australia, the Cannonball was voted Mountain Bike Event of the year at the MTB Achievement Awards 2015 and some of the world’s best mountain bike riders will be in Thredbo mixing it with the locals and rising stars all jostling for a share of the staggering $45,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs.Thredbo is undeniably Australia’s home of Gravity MTB, and three days of racing over the Cannonball Festival showcase the amazing riding on offer for Mountain Bikers in the Snowy Mountains. There are 5 events including:
- The RockShox Pump Track Challenge on Thredbo's new look, bigger, better, pump track.
- The no holds barred SRAM Dula Compressor with side by side racing at it's best.
- The ODI Whip Wars BIG AIR on brand new Jumps Park that is set to launch...
- The Maxxis Flow Motion cup on the rebuilt Kosciuszko Flow Trail.
- The big one for the weekend is the Toyota Australian Open Downhill on Thredbo's Cannonball Run and there is nothing else like it south of the equator.