Thredbo’s Tip for Valentine’s Day Success….
Posted on Tuesday, 20th of January 2015
The four letter word at at the heart of a successful Valentines day in Thredbo starts with B but it doesn’t end in ” ONK”.
BEER is Thredbo’s latest Valentines day secret weapon. Now this may seem counter intuitive because beer is more often associated with football and ads about hard earned thirsts and gormless guys bombing beautiful babes in spa baths. So if you are a little puzzled as to how the Kosciuszko Craft Beer Festival and Valentines day fit together try out one of these scenarios.
A. If the bloke in your life is not the type to plan months ahead for Valentines day and you are looking for a way to get him into a frame of mind where he will appreciate you and all that you do for him.
- Hand him notice that he is taking you on a romantic Valentines Day Weekend to Thredbo.
- Don’t tell him about the Kosciuszko Craft Beer Festival that is running in Thredbo on Valentines Weekend.
- Don’t tell him about Chuck Hahn, Master Brewer running a Beer Masterclass with free samples
- Don’t tell him about the “Chuck and Cheese” degustation dinner with tailored beers and King Island cheese
- Definitely don’t tell him about the free BBQ on Sunday and that fact that the whole Beer Festival is free.
- Just turn up in Thredbo and watch the wonder in his eyes as the realisation dawns that you have brought him, on Valentine’s Day, to a Beer festival.
Don’t be surprised to hear him quoting Shakespeare to you “I do love nothing in the world so much as you….(and beer)”
B. The woman in your life thinks you aren’t romantic and don’t really go out of your way to make her feel special.
- Hand her notice that you are taking her on a romantic Valentines Day Weekend to Thredbo.
- Once you are in the car to Thredbo tell her about the Kosciuszko Craft Beer Festival that is running on Valentines Weekend.
- Tell her about Chuck Hahn, Master Brewer running a Beer Masterclass with free samples,
- Tell her about the Chuck and Cheese degustation dinner with tailored beers and King Island cheese.
- You can even mention the free BBQ on Sunday and that fact that the whole event is free.
- Then look her lovingly in the eyes and say “but were not going to the beer festival darling, we’re going to have a full 3 course Valentines Day dinner at Jean-Michels @ Knickerbocker with a bottle champagne while watching the starlit alpine sky reflected off the shimmering Thredbo River.
She will either melt at the gravity of your sacrifice and become yours forever or she’ll say “stuff that I’m in for the “Chuck and Cheese!” Either way, you win.
Of course there are plenty of other options in Thredbo for a romantic Valentine’s. Secluded swimming holes, alpine meadows covered in wildflowers, plenty of peaceful places to get away or you can join in the other “ANTI” Valentines Day event, the Thredbo Valentines Day Main Range Walk. 22km of the most spectacular Alpine Walking in the high country with a Champagne charged shuttle bus ride back from Charlotte’s Pass, and if you can still stand up after the hike then “Chuck and Cheese” could still on the cards.
Our 3rd night free deal is on over Valentines so you can make a long weekend of it. Call on 1800 020 598 for bookings or more info on Beer Fests, restaurant bookings or main range walks, or click the button to book online.
Recommended Blog Posts?
Straighten up and Fly Right
Fly Fishing on the Thredbo RiverYou could be forgiven for thinking that Fly Fishing was a sport for the gifted few. Those who have, through good fortune or great planning managed to acquire the encyclopedic knowledge and the associated skill set that allows them to effortlessly construct intricate lures which they...Read More
Fun Ways to Cool Off This Summer in Thredbo
Thredbo in the summer is not just fantastic for bushwalks and mountain biking. It’s for water lovers too. That means on a hot day, for a birthday party or just to do something different on your summer break, the Thredbo pool at the Leisure Centre is for you. Mission InflatableIf...Read More