FROM 05 DEC TO 07 DEC, 2014
Five events - three days - one mountain - over $25,000 in cash and prizes to be won!
Thredbo is set again to showcase a feast of gravity fueled mountain biking this December! With the Toyota Cannonball MTB Festival taking place for three epic days of high flying adrenalin filled action and entertainment.
Taking place from the 5 - 7 December, the festival which also helps launch Thredbo?s mountain biking season, will celebrate all things mountain biking. This is a must for anyone who loves the thrill of riding.
The prize pool is set to be the biggest on the Australian Mountain biking circuit with well over $25,000 in cash plus, amazing prizes up for grabs across the four events. The event is already a favourite with riders.
?Cannonball for me is definitely one of the best events on the calendar, simply because it?s not super competitive like the national series, just a bunch of guys and girls having fun in Australia?s best MTB destination. Thredbo is always known for pulling the huge crowd and I think this year will be the biggest yet, plus it hosts Aussies only whip comp! Who doesn?t want to sit on the side of the hill and watch people throw down? I?ll definitely be back to try and back up my win from last year!? Andrew Crimmins 2013 Australian Open Winner
?I?m really excited about coming back to Thredbo for the Cannonball Festival this year! Getting 2nd in the Australian Open last year has just fuelled the fire for me to take the win this year!? Troy Brosnan Current World #2
World class riders will line-up alongside everyday mountain bike enthusiasts and amateurs in this multi-faceted festival. With something suitable for any level rider, across three big days, the event features four epic events:
1. The Australian Open Downhill The main event, the Australian Open DH on Thredbo?s infamous Cannonball will take riders to their physical and mental limits. The 3.5km course of fast, intense, non-stop gravity starts at the top of the Kosciuszko Express Chairlift and will be the best one yet. We will see the return of the old favourite, the no holds barred Thredbo Fire Road as this is exclusive to the Australian Open DH. Along with other substantial changes that will widen sections and add more fall line riding. With the biggest prize purse on the Australia DH calendar, this will be one not to miss!
2. Flow Motion Cup Utilising the Kosciuszko Flow Trail this all mountain race will snake its way down Thredbo?s famous ski runs. With around 6km of flowing single-track to negotiate with the odd flat pedal,?this event can cater to all levels of riders. However only those with the will to win will head home with the cash!
3. Dual Compressor A new event for 2014. Racing at its most raw, the Dual Compressors crowd-pleasing format pits two competitors side-by-side to battle each other and the clock, to avoid elimination each round. The finely tuned course of jumps, berms, rhythm sections and drops makes for a grueling battleground, challenging both pump-track specialists and the true downhillers. Riders will race on equal course side by side before integrating and pushing one another through to the finish.
4. Whip-Wars A crowd favourite will see the best riders in the country send their bike sideways, off a purpose built show-time jump at the Thredbo base. This will see a mix of downhillers and free-riders come together to settle the debate of the King of Style. You may not win the main event, but you may take home some cash for a crowd-pleasing trick!
5. Pump Track Challenge Get ready for the ROCKSHOX Pump Challenge on Friday night. See Thredbo?s brand new updated Pump Track on Thredbo?s Village Green in full flight as the smooth momentum masters set the perfectly sculpted course on fire. A test of ultimate skill & stamina, as riders pump, double & manual around the 2-3 lap course without a single pedal stroke!
Thredbo, known for its winter village parties, is the perfect venue for the event. With both sides of the resort pumping during the weekend long mountain biking party. The mountain will be jumping with incredible biking action whilst the village enjoys an awesome line-up of DJ?s and live music.
When:?5 - 7 December Where:?Thredbo downhill and villiage tracks Cost:?Registration Fee
Book your accommodation at the Lantern Thredbo Apartments with our 3rd night free accommodation deals on now: