We often have guests calling to book a summer family holiday in Thredbo asking "Is there enough to do if we stay 2 or 3 nights? ? ? I am always tempted to reply that ?I have been here for 25 years and I am still finding new ways to have fun. ?Seriously though the question should be "is a week long enough?" ?If your family ? enjoys being active there is a ton of stuff to do. ?Here is a classic 3 day itinerary of family fun in Thredbo and the Snowy Mountains that will keep everyone busy:
- Obviously most people do the walk to Mt Kosciuszko which takes care of 1 day all by itself.
- It is quite easy to spend another day exploring the village with activities like the Bobsled,? leisure centre with water slide or a swim in the Thredbo River or Friday Flat Pond which can be very pleasant on a warm day, or a bike ride (available for hire if you don?t bring them) on the brand new Thredbo Valley Trail following the river downstream with some amazing views.
- Another day could easily be taken up with a Breakfast at Eagles Nest Restaurant at the top of the Chairlift with views all the way to Jindabyne followed by one of the other walks like the spectacular Dead Horse Gap track with close up views of the Granite peaks of the Ramshead Range and lovely walk back along the Thredbo River ?(3 hours) or the beautiful Merrits Nature Trail with an amazing section of old Alpine Ash forest and waterfalls (2 hours).
- Thredbo has plenty of great restaurants, cafes, amazing bakery, supermarket, ?galleries, gift shops and fashion and sports shops open ?so the ?dining and retail Therapy are covered.
- A trip to Charlottes? Pass and ?Jindabyne can sort out another day with lovely views from Charlottes of the Main Range and the Ancient Glacial terrain, still with some snow drifts this year.? Once you get to Jindabyne there is the Gaden Trout Hatchery for a tour of the fishery and a great spot for a picnic or head into town for plenty of shops caf? and Cinema.? If it is a hot afternoon, swim in Lake Jindabyne or rent a canoe or Sail boat or even go wake boarding.? Jindabyne also ?has some excellent bike and walking tracks ?around the Lake shore so you can go for a stroll or a peddle there after lunch and have an early Dinner in one of the restaurants in Jindabyne for something different (La Cocina Mexican is my favourite).